The KAP Group (KAP) is a strategic advisory firm for real estate and private equity managers seeking institutional capital. KAP works closely with managers to achieve their fundraising goals by developing a thoughtful capital raising strategy, providing advisory and project management services, and creating marketing materials that advantageously position them in today’s competitive marketplace.
KAP’s Managing Principals have advised over 30 real estate managers through all stages of the capital raising process, from strategic positioning and development of marketing collateral to management and oversight of the investor due diligence process.
Since its founding in 2009, KAP’s clients have generated nearly $3 billion in capital commitments through commingled funds, joint ventures, and separate accounts.
The following are some of the services that KAP offers:
- Evaluate vehicle alternatives to meet capital raising objectives
- Develop a fundraising strategy and marketing plan
- Create institutional quality, customized marketing collateral (i.e., management presentation, private placement memorandum)
- Perform a track record analysis
- Prepare managers and their team for prospective investor meetings and on-site due diligence
- Address investor queries and RFPs
- Manage the investor due diligence process from initial meeting through closing
- Provide investor relations services
During their collective tenure at Credit Suisse’s Real Estate Private Fund Group (REPFG) and KAP, the Managing Principals successfully advised managers that have raised over $9 billion of equity from institutional investors. These managers covered a broad range of strategies in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia.